What is moving the markets today?
At the start of the new trading week, the German stock market did not quite move - at the close of the market, the German benchmark index then turned into the red. The DAX closed 0.13 percent in the red at 15215.00 points.
The DAX ended the first trading day of the new trading week slightly in the red. "It is astonishing how great the investor's interest in buying German stocks remains", commented market expert Andreas Lipkow from Comdirect. Overall, they are still on the hunt for bargains and take advantage of every price setback to expand and build positions.
On Monday, there will also be calm on the overseas stock exchanges. After the record run on Wall Street, investors took cover at the beginning of the week. The leading indices Dow Jones, Nasdaq and S&P 500 fell slightly at the opening on Monday. Investors positioned themselves ahead of the start of the reporting season in the US. The previous week the US standard stock index Dow and the broad S&P 500 ended with new record highs.
The winner in the German benchmark index on Monday was the Daimler share with a plus of 1.7 percent. The loser in the DAX was the Siemens Energy share with a loss of around 2.6 percent.
Which was also important on Monday at the stock exchange
French waste disposal companies Veolia and Suez lay the foundation for the merger
The French waste disposal companies Suez and Veolia have agreed on the main features of a merger after months of dispute. As the two competitors announced on Monday, they agreed on a price of 20.50 euros for a Suez share. Veolia's previous offer was 18 euros. The new association is expected to generate sales of around 37 billion euros. The companies want to draw up final contracts by May 14th. Both stocks reacted with significant price gains.
Regulatory authority: Alibaba's financial division Ant has to comply with regulations like a bank
The Alibaba financial division Ant Group will have to reposition itself as a financial holding company and meet strict requirements like a bank. In a new blow against the corporate empire of the Chinese billionaire Jack Ma, the supervisory authorities ordered a comprehensive restructuring of the fintech star in Beijing on Monday, as reported by state media. The financial services provider, which also owns the large mobile payment service Alipay, must also eliminate unfair competition and liquidity risks from its financial funds.
Johnson & Johnson starts delivering corona vaccine in EU
The corona vaccinations with the active ingredient from Johnson & Johnson can now also start in the European Union. The manufacturer will start deliveries to the EU countries on Monday, confirmed the EU Commission in Brussels. She expects up to 55 million doses of the vaccine by the end of June. A good 10 million cans should go to Germany.
Vodafone starts live operations for the next stage of development in 5G
Vodafone has converted important parts of its 5G mobile network in Germany to the next stage of development, which does without the previous LTE technology. "We are the first network operator to put the LTE training wheels aside with 5G and start with a 5G core network," said Vodafone's Germany boss, Hannes Ametsreiter, on Monday.
rtr / dpa-AFX / ak
- How does a psychopath become a murderer
- Why did India lose the Indian War
- Why are only semiconductors used in LEDs?
- Get paid to do freelance work
- What are some unsinkable sailboats
- Hold back your procrastination
- What is free energy change
- What is an aluminum circular sheet application
- What are functions in e-commerce
- Why did you fail the KVPY?
- What is your KVPY 2018 rank
- What are some online fluid dynamics simulators
- How are grade 10 grades counted
- Where do the rights of a state end?
- What are some good reggae songs
- What is the future of linguistics
- How many Jordanians live in Amman
- How are conductors and insulators used differently?
- How long will a possum play dead
- What is the definition of Gothic literature
- Why are millennials so attracted to socialism?
- What is the cost of quilting patterns
- Why do narcissists deny the past
- Hang flannel shirts ruin them