TellTale Games will be closed
Telltale Games closes the gates
The development studio Telltale Games is financially at the end and will be closed. Many employees have already been laid off.
The US developer Telltale Games has announced that it will close its doors. A massive wave of layoffs had previously been reported in the US media. Telltale Games responded to these reports with a public announcement via tweet. The statement said: "Today, Telltale Games made the difficult decision to close the studio after a year of insurmountable challenges. The majority of its employees were laid off this morning, with a small group of 25 employees continuing to face obligations the board and the partners. "
Telltale Games boss Pete Hawley comments on the closure of the studio with the words:
"It's been an incredibly difficult year for Telltale as we worked to get the company on a new course. Unfortunately, we were running out of time before we got there. We released some of our best content this year and made one Received a tremendous amount of positive feedback, but ultimately it didn't affect sales. It is with a heavy heart that we now see our friends go today to spread our way of storytelling in the game industry. "
More information about the reasons for the closure will be announced in the near future. One of the founders of Telltale Games is Kevin Bruner, who left the company a year and a half ago. In a blog entry, Bruner is sad about the closure of the studio. It was "a very, very sad day" for him, said Bruner. Not just because so many ex-colleagues have lost their jobs. "I'm also saddened to lose a studio with these crazy ideas that no one else wanted to consider," said Bruner. He was reassured by the thought that the many employees at other studios will now continue their art of storytelling.
Telltale Games was founded in 2004 by former Lucas Arts employees who had previously developed successful adventure games. Accordingly, Telltale Games wanted to concentrate on developing adventure games. Telltale Games relied on the episode format early on, so games were published in several episodes, usually a title consisted of five episodes. The studio became more widely known with "Sam & Max Save the World". This was followed by games like "Tales of Monkey Island", "Back to the Future: The Game", "Puzzle Agent 2", "The Walking Dead", "The Wolf Among Us", "Tales from the Borderlands", "Batman: The Telltale Series, "Minecraft: Story Mode".
Most recently, the first episodes of "The Walking Dead: The Final Season" appeared. The remaining episodes are still to be delivered.
- What is your most embarrassing fear
- Is it bad to dream
- Eddard Stark is a duke
- How did Nate Silver study statistics
- How is linguistics related to historical linguistics?
- Playing is a waste of time
- What things give us inner happiness
- Why don't Ghanaians want West Togoland to be separated?
- How did maypoles come about
- How long has cancer been around?
- What is APEDA
- What is South Bend IN known for
- Can we have braces during pregnancy?
- Where can you buy umami?
- Which is the top startup in Bangalore
- How is performance related to kinetic energy?
- What is a market opportunity
- What are the disadvantages of ceramics
- Is there a magic square for 42
- How can someone gain strong connections
- What things are back in fashion
- How much does Spotify cost
- Why is the FATF Pakistan not already on the black list?
- How do I cover asbestos floor tiles