How easily skyscrapers burn
United Arab Emirates - the 200-meter-high skyscraper is ablaze
Nine people were injured in a fire in the United Arab Emirates on Tuesday. Videos show the skyscraper on fire.
In the United Arab Emirates (UAE), an almost 200 meter high skyscraper burned down on Tuesday evening. In the fire in the Abbco Tower in the city of Sharjah not far from Dubai, nine people were slightly injured, the news site Gulf News reported on Tuesday evening. She appealed to the chief of civil defense in Sharjah.
The fire brigade managed to bring the fire under control with a major effort. The emergency services used a drone to check whether people were still trapped in the building.
Pictures on social media showed that the 40-story building, one of the tallest in Sharjah, was ablaze. Burning parts of the building fell to the ground from a great height and damaged parked cars. A neighboring house was also affected by the flames. The cause of fire was unclear for the moment.
Fire broke out on the tenth floor
The high-rise and neighboring buildings have been evacuated, the news website Khaleej Times reported. According to Gulf News, there are apartments on most of the floors. The building was therefore completed in 2006.
Residents reported to local media that the fire broke out around 9 p.m. (local time; 7 p.m. CEST) on the tenth floor. Muslims worldwide are currently in the fasting month of Ramadan. In addition, many families come together in their apartments after sunset to break the fast together.
"Where should we go now", perplexed residents asked themselves in front of the building damaged by flames. "I only took my wallet with me as I was trying to get my wife and children out of the apartment," resident Jahansib Jamil told Gulf News. The family is safe, and due to the lack of home insurance, he is threatened with serious losses.
Many of the residents found refuge in their vehicles around the scene of the fire late in the evening. According to media reports, employees of the Red Crescent tried to assign the people to temporary accommodation.
In the UAE, high-rise buildings had caught fire several times in recent years. In 2017, for the second time within a few years, a major fire broke out in one of the tallest skyscrapers in the Gulf metropolis. According to the police, all residents could be brought to safety at that time.
sda / chk
Found a bug? Report it now.
- How long should combat boots last
- Why is Bon Jovi still touring around
- How is the flu transmitted
- Jesus Christ had an apostle wife
- Ambition is the enemy of success
- Can law enforcement agencies enter a church?
- What kind of doctor treats appendicitis
- What are the characteristics of folk literature
- Was Emmett Kelly the first sad clown
- How can I overwrite SawStop
- Which is the best tool for automation
- Is the DataBuddy app a scam
- Does God even exist?
- Why isn't Bitcoin taking off
- What is MySQL
- Which religions prohibit the use of microphones?
- Is the FDA too conservative
- What is the most difficult element
- Can fat people activate their chakras?
- How do I become an Apple fan?
- People carry Peter England in England
- Why should you leave the Sainik school
- Why didn't Hans Zimmer win more Oscars?
- Why do you like to come to Vedanta
- What makes international law unique
- All stars have solar systems
- Are Hypixel administrators paid through donations
- What is an intercept-only model
- How did the sun create the heliosphere
- How Flutterwave is revolutionizing payments in Africa
- What is the ROAS in Google AdWords
- Why does our body tremble with a fever?
- Why don't Hindus talk about sex
- How do you swear in Kazakhstan