Are moose extinct
Elche in Germany: The quiet return of the giants
In Brandenburg, researchers are now on the trail of the king of the forest using GPS transmitters. In February 2018, biologists from the University for Sustainable Development Eberswalde (HNEE) Bert were able to put on a transmitter collar. The data collected from 781 days show Professor Siegfried Rieger's team that Bert's entire area is more than 2,000 square kilometers. In a good two years he covered a distance of 2,275 kilometers - around three kilometers a day.
Bert's real home has become the Brandenburg Nuthe-Nieplitz Nature Park. "Moose need water, it doesn't have to be open spaces," explains Rieger. With its extensive wetlands, forests and meadows, the approximately 7,000 hectare nature park southwest of Berlin is a suitable habitat. On the other hand, monotonous forests, especially pine monocultures, are avoided, emphasizes the wildlife biologist. Similar observations have been made in Finland, where around 100,000 moose live.
A bull elk on the highway
Apparently Bert gets along well with the surrounding traffic. During the analysis period, he crossed a street at least 172 times, including two motorways. It is particularly active at night when it is less busy - an indication that the bull elk may have already adapted well to the road network. “Bert doesn't necessarily avoid people,” says Rieger. "But he avoids settlements."
Gallery: The winners and losers in the animal kingdom 2020
- Is blood-soluble in water
- Who were the ancestors of Donald Trump
- What are the levels of Bipolar 2
- Which is more stable Na or Na
- We need to know the amendments
- What is completely wrong with Greece
- How is life different from video games
- Who is the Greek god of sex
- Can I send an email via WhatsApp?
- What are the benefits of portland cement
- Robin Skinner Cavetown is a transgender person
- What is the most comfortable chair under 100
- What computer functions are now automated
- Are people designed to sit
- When was this website created 1
- How can you find the empirical formula
- How can a person be really happy
- Have you ever met a human parasite
- Why is Japan number 1 in robotics
- Why do people become plastic surgeons
- How does calculus affect the economy?
- How did a slave become a king?
- Which doctor is best suited for lip augmentation
- What is a 1800 number