New business can make it to the top
PKV: These providers recorded the best additional new business in 2019
Private comprehensive health insurance is and will remain a problem child in the industry. Limited potential in new business and a dwindling inventory have been a problem for providers for some time now. According to Assekurata, the number of people with full insurance fell by 6,300 to around 8.73 million in the past year. And this is the eighth year in a row that the decline in membership has started.
It is true that stocks are not falling in all companies, as a procontra-own analysis of the 2019 annual reports recently demonstrated. Nevertheless, the overall forecast is rather bleak. And the fact that people with full private insurance will have to expect hefty premium increases averaging 8.1 percent from 2021 does not make the offer any more attractive.
On the other hand, there is a comparatively strong demand for supplementary health insurance. Many private health insurance providers have therefore started to focus more and more strategically on this business. According to an analysis that was published in the current issue of the magazine for insurance (author: Dr. Marc Surminski), the numbers of those with supplementary insurance rose by 2.2 percent across the market to 24,591,416 insured persons in the past financial year.
The providers with the largest portfolios and the most successful new business in supplementary insurance
According to the analysis, the insurers with the largest stocks of additional insured persons in the 2019 financial year are 1. DKV with 3,574,384 people, 2. Allianz with 2,123,449 people, 3. Signal Iduna with 1,801,399, 4. Debeka with 1,780,669 and 5. the Ergo with 1,656,582 people with additional insurance.
According to the report, new business in supplementary insurance grew even faster than in the previous year 2018: According to this, there was an increase of 8.3 percent to 1,089,718 people across the market.
Most of those with supplementary insurance won these three companies in 2019:
1. Allianz (+35.2 percent): 141,339 newly acquired additional insured persons
2. Ergo (+2.3 percent): 132,703 new customers
3. Generali / Central (+65.3 percent): 72,915 new customers
At Halleschen, however, new business in supplementary insurance ran counter to the trend and fell by almost 40 percent compared to the previous year. With a view to the number of additional insured persons, the medium-sized insurer was nevertheless able to record successes: Here the Hallesche achieved a double-digit percentage increase.
Overall, the cooperation business with the statutory health insurance has lost potential, according to the report. The number of insured persons in new business has shrunk by almost a tenth, only Huk-Coburg and DEVK recorded increases.
Private health insurance benefits increased in 2019
In the past financial year, private health insurance took in total business with 41 billion more than in the previous year (2018: 39.8), as can be read in the GDV's statistical pocketbook. However, German primary insurers also paid their customers a significantly higher total in 2019: private health insurance had to provide around 29.8 billion euros, four percent more than a year earlier.
- Which universities offer the best business schools
- What is Newcastle Ranikhet Disease
- How can someone get rid of negative emotions
- Is PewDiePie family friendly
- How do I stop thinking about pornography
- What kind of polymer is PHBV
- What diseases are incurable
- How do I solve this 10
- What is an automation system
- Hate Gaense children
- What are the ideal examples of plastic
- Vegan Whole 30 cheese is permitted
- Requires more focus to listen than to read
- Why are students so vulgar
- Is it too early for wearable technology?
- What is BHP PS NM in the automobile
- Where is the custom room in PUBG
- Where can I download Alagappa University results
- How can I address an audience
- How is Marxism not good for India?
- Certain spices can destroy intestinal bacteria
- What are some natural blue succulents
- Why does Russian sound like Sanskrit
- Can psychedelics drive someone crazy?
- Potassium bicarbonate helps prevent muscle cramps
- How can I download the MATLAB software
- Why are Jimmy Fairly sunglasses so popular
- What is the difference between SeatGeek and StubHub
- Abraham Lincoln was a Republican
- What is the best recipe for green juice
- Cyber3 ransomware has already been decrypted
- What does anudit
- Is it worth getting an overclockable CPU