What is reverse depression
Patients suffering from chronic pain often become depressed. But there is also the opposite case: in 5-10% of all cases, pain is an expression of a mental illness. If the physical complaints are so in the foreground that the doctor hardly recognizes the psychological cause, one speaks of a masked or hidden depression. (More information on depression can be found here)
Sufferers are unable to express their depressed mood. You feel dull and have hot flashes or constant shivering. A region of your brain, the so-called limbic system, continuously sends out signals that cause the muscles to tense: tension develops, which ultimately leads to dysfunction and pain. Depending on which area is affected, the patient suffers from typical complaints:
- Digestive tract: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, gas, loss of appetite
- Heart / circulatory system: palpitations, palpitations, oppression, shortness of breath, dizziness, drowsiness
- Urogenital system: impaired sexual sensation, potency problems, intermenstrual bleeding
- Muscular system: lower back and neck pain
- Other: headache, ringing in the ears (tinnitus), visual disturbances, itching (allergy), hair loss
The doctor or psychotherapist can only determine a hidden depression by asking specific questions about the mental state of his patient. And only if the patient answers openly and honestly. It can be treated with psychotherapy and antidepressants.
In depression, too little serotonin and noradrenaline is produced in the brain. These messenger substances are responsible for transmitting signals from one nerve cell to another. If they are absent, the person concerned becomes depressed. Messenger substances have to be supplied to the body over several weeks or months until a stable state is reached again. With depression, physical complaints also go away.
- How is USACO Platinum weighted by universities?
- Must hemp seeds be refrigerated
- What's better than Trump's wall
- What metal is used for the space settlement?
- Scientific American is a peer-reviewed journal
- How is property divided after a divorce
- Will migrants ever stop coming to Mumbai?
- Which countries have the lowest smartphone prices?
- How do CSO and ISO differ
- Why do narks disappear
- Bite Cavalier King Charles Spaniels bite
- What superstitions did the Saxons have
- Does Roku have a trademark
- Why are prokaryotes important
- How many hours can you sleep continuously?
- Could the Antichrist be a politician?
- Learning to code is a good thing
- What is 5 12 7 8 2
- What is the oyster card
- How does our body get angry?
- Power leads to money or vice versa
- Which book changed your attitude
- Political correctness has two meanings
- Why was the Internet invented and when?
- Should I use Olaplex?
- What is the track of the project
- How do you cut silicon wafers
- What happens before you graduate from high school
- How do libertarians see the government
- What's so great about Apple phones
- Are there viruses that were created for Android
- How can you represent yourself in court?
- Is there permission to write resumes?
- What is metaphysical realism