Where does the word kudos come from
Feedback culture with kudo cards
As part of the STAGILE® framework, Kudo cards are used as a simple and effective method for changing the feedback culture in a team or company.
The idea of the Kudo cards - also known as Hero Awards, Appreciation Cards or Rippas - comes from the Scrum method and Jurgen Appelo's “Management 3.0” concept. As a written expression of recognition in a team or company, they should visualize mutual appreciation and promote team spirit regardless of hierarchy and informally. The term "kudo" comes from the Greek and means something like "recognition", "praise" or "honor".
In many cases, employees shy away from feedback rounds. Because often only negative points of criticism are passed on in everyday working life and that in the hierarchy from top to bottom. Kudo cards, as an element of the agile way of working, are intended to motivate colleagues to congratulate colleagues on special achievements or simply to say “thank you”. They primarily honor a person's commitment, not the output. The focus is therefore on encouraging feedback.
As a rule, kudos are not linked to material benefits, but can be combined with a small financial reward, for example in the form of vouchers. It is important to keep the amounts small so that the material incentive does not come to the fore.
In principle, anyone can issue a “kudo” to anyone at any time. However, this is best done as part of a team meeting. Of course, you can also use the Kudo system to celebrate a particularly successful sprint in a team, for example, or to use it as a motivation booster if everything went wrong somehow.
In order to maximize the effect of the kudo cards, it is advisable to place them in the field of vision of the employees. The cards can, for example, be attached to a Kudo pin board or placed in a Kudo box so that they can be viewed again and again. If you see in black and white that, in the opinion of colleagues, you have done a task particularly well, this creates a lasting positive feeling, which in turn increases the joy of work. Kudo cards thus act as an intrinsic motivation in an agile work environment.
Of course, Kudo cards can also be used in digital form for remote teams, for example in combination with the ALEAS board.
We have created a template for Kudo cards that you can download free of charge.
ALEAS Kudo Cards
ALEAS Kudo Cards
What is STAGILE®?
STAGILE® is a powerful hybrid framework that has proven itself over many years and is constantly being further developed. STAGILE® can be used in product development as well as in strategy implementation and agile organization and team management.
- Who was Fazle Hasan Abed
- Why are most anime 2D
- What is the business model behind Siftery
- How does every Marvel character die
- How often should my tires be checked
- How do you feel about Megan Rapinoe
- Practicing Christians practice polyamory at the same time
- What are good mediation theories and systems
- What is a web client
- Who patted the Great Sphinx's nose?
- How can I sponsor my flight training?
- Who is funding the war in Yemen
- Muslim countries have dog houses
- Microservices mean repetitive code everywhere
- Why are Indian trains so slow?
- What is the 5 concentration of NaOH
- Why are Americans so afraid of atheism?
- What made Frida Kahlo famous in Mexico
- Will 3D printing replace traditional manufacturing?
- What is everyone doing wrong with Turkey
- How do you define continuous integration
- Supports an iPhone selfie sticks
- What are blue ice packs made of
- What is the future of computer science