Florida culture lacks why
What has Florida got to do with the moon?
It sounds like a prophecy: the French science fiction author Jules Verne wrote the novel "Die Reise zum Mond" published in 1865. The fictional journey takes place in a projectile that is propelled by a tremendous jet of fire. The bullet is made of aluminum, writes Verne.
At this time, aluminum cannot be produced industrially. The corresponding amount of electrical energy is missing. There are only tiny aluminum balls at gold prices.
This shows that Jules Verne was ahead of his time in many ways. The ideal place for a rocket launch is in Florida, he writes, near Cape Canaveral.
104 years later: 600 million people, more than ever before, watched the event around the world on their televisions. Florida's spaceport, the Kennedy Space Center on Cape Canaveral on Florida's Atlantic coast, became the center of the world on July 20, 1969.
3400 journalists wrote about the start of the "Apollo 11" to the moon. "Apollo" is the name of the Greek god of light. Astronaut Neil Armstrong was the first person to walk on the moon. However, the euphoria only lasted for a short time. Subsequent successes at the Kennedy Space Center were hardly noticed by the public as sensations.
Rocket research began in the USA in 1947. After the Second World War, the Americans brought the Germans Wernher von Braun and Kurt H. Debus to the USA. The two scientists had worked on the German "miracle weapon" under the rule of the National Socialists. Now they should continue their work in the United States.
Debus was looking for a place where they could experiment undisturbed. Cape Canaveral seemed the ideal location: it was deserted. There were only remnants of a 4,000 year old Indian settlement.
The US Department of Defense then had a missile launch center built there. The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) took over the management of the spaceport 16 years later. It was named "Kennedy Space Center".
- What animals are eaten by grizzly bears
- What is social media re-targeting
- What is 21 divided by 2 54
- Whitch gasoline is best for bikes
- How can someone get rid of negative emotions
- How is Manchester England
- What is the best time to jog
- What is the market size for the treatment of infertility
- What do correlation coefficients indicate
- Is GST applicable to Adsense
- Why is broken glass seen as bad luck
- What do you know about pathetic birds
- What are the best robotic REU programs
- How helpful is Udemy
- Where does the Queen Band come from
- IWork is still available
- Where can I learn kitesurfing
- How can I get better in German?
- Who designed Last fm
- What is the education policy
- How can you build a tennis court
- Beer companies grow their own hops
- Why is OrCAD used
- Which technologies are slowly becoming obsolete?
- How was ADO NET developed
- Are you aware of your digital footprint
- How to safely transport cellos
- Why isn't everyone a venture capitalist?
- Why do men not produce milk
- How are baby carrots made
- Deleting a Mac removes viruses
- How important is frequency in Facebook ads
- When will people stop testing on animals?
- When does the intraday close