Is this backpack okay for a guy?
Tips for hikes and packing lists for the trekking backpack
Tips on how to pack your backpacks correctly
So that the hut tour does not become a torture for your back, the backpack must be correctly selected and packed. First things first: leave everything you don't need at home! A trained hiker can carry 20 to 25 percent of their body weight over a long period of time.
For a man weighing 80 kilograms, that's 20 kilograms. For comparison: The Bundeswehr is based on a maximum weight of 33 percent, but tours with such a fully loaded backpack and equipment are known to be extremely strenuous.
Anything over 25 percent quickly becomes an ordeal for most hikers and also damages the back and joints. Inexperienced hikers in particular tend to take way too much luggage with them on their first tour.
The basic rules for correct packing
The center of gravity of the trekking backpack should be close to the body and at shoulder height. In this way, the center of gravity of the backpack is above the center of gravity of the body and does not pull the wearer backwards. When packing, do the following:
Pack the hut sleeping bag and other light items in the bottom compartment. Medium weight things, such as clothing, belong on the top outside. Everything that is heavy should be packed as far up as possible at shoulder height and close to your back.
The load center of gravity can be higher on flat paths and hiking trails, in difficult terrain it is better a little deeper and therefore closer to the body's center of gravity. This allows you to walk a little more bent forward to compensate, but control your balance better.
All small items, such as snacks and sunscreen, can be easily stowed in the lid compartment and can be reached there quickly. The emergency pharmacy should be packed in a separate bag and should be placed high up. In an emergency, they can find a third person without having to dig for long.
To keep the trekking backpack as compact as possible, you should attach as few items of equipment as possible to the outside of the backpack. Pay attention to an even weight distribution and use packing bags to keep things tidy. If you choose waterproof backpack models, you save yourself the rain cover.
- How is a video game made
- Are you worth your weight in gold
- What is the Arduino IDE
- Which books have you convinced of atheism?
- Why is high quality content needed
- Where can I breed my Chihuahua
- Are butterflies considered pollinators
- What is a standard operating procedure
- What is ahi mahi
- Why are therapy sessions only an hour
- How does the comparison ruin your peace of mind
- What is metaphysical realism
- Who is a successful leader
- What is Adam DAngelo's favorite programming language
- What are some python based projects
- How will climate change affect Los Angeles?
- What is the axis in buses
- Are SBI debit cards accepted worldwide
- Which face wash is best for pimples
- Why do you want to join UrbanClap
- Who was Rohini in Mahabharat
- How can I get a travel loan
- How can I get a visa
- Should I cover my swimming pool