Why do we use vitamin C serum
Vitamin C: food, effects & deficiency
Not in the mood for a cold in the cold season? Then you should definitely go for a large portion of fruit and vegetables with a lot of vitamin C.
The vitamin is a real all-rounder and is undoubtedly one of the best-known vitamins of all. It is involved in numerous metabolic processes and plays a very special role in strengthening your immune system. We have summarized all the facts about the vitamin and show you why it is so important for you.
What is Vitamin C
Vitamin C, also called Ascorbic acid known, is one of the B vitamins and folic acid water-soluble vitamins. This means that it can only be stored in the body in small quantities and thus must be consumed daily through food. Vitamin C is found in large quantities in fresh vegetables and (citrus) fruits.
The vitamin is essential for life and fulfills various important tasks in the organism. The vitamin was first researched in 1747. Researchers found that vitamin C helps malnourished seafarers from scurvy (Vitamin C deficiency disease) to protect.
This is how the name “ascorbic acid”, which means “without scurvy” in Latin, can also be explained.
Vitamin C foods
Where is vitamin C in?
Would you have thought that there is more vitamin C in a kiwi than in Citrus fruits? Our table shows you the Top Vitamin C Suppliers.
Vitamin C content table
Natural vitamin C: fruit
|mg per 100 g|
|Sea buckthorn berries||450|
Natural vitamin C: vegetables
|mg per 100 g|
Our tip: the perfect vitamin bomb? Clearly smoothies - in all colors and variations. The power drink provides you with a lot of important vitamins and also always tastes delicious.Our favorite recipes
Vitamin C deficiency
A serum concentration of 10 mg / l indicates normal supply. If the concentration is less than 6 mg / l, the vitamin C supply is not always sufficient. Less than 4 mg / l means an insufficient supply of vitamin C.
Causes of Vitamin C Deficiency
With a balanced and healthy diet, you can get your Easily cover vitamin C requirements. A vitamin C deficiency is due to the good supply of fruit and vegetables in Germany and the rest of the industrialized countries rather seldom.
However, various factors can influence vitamin C intake and result in a deficiency. These include, for example Smoke, various Medication or a gastrointestinal disorder.
A vitamin C deficiency can also be attributed to an unbalanced diet, stress or the storage and preparation of the food. Find out more about which foods have a balanced nutrition includes.
Vitamin C Deficiency Symptoms
Depending on the stage of the deficiency, the symptoms can be very different. In the early stages, a vitamin C deficiency is mainly characterized Lack of energy and powert off. Also one higher susceptibility to infection can be a sign of a deficiency. In order to check your vitamin C blood level, we recommend a test by your trusted doctor.
Too Much Vitamin C: Is There a Vitamin C Overdose?
Healthy people don't have to worry too much about a possible vitamin C overdose. As a water-soluble vitamin, excessive doses of vitamin C are excreted through the kidneys.
Too much vitamin C can lead to diarrhea in physically ailing people. However, this effect is observed with very high amounts in the gram range.
VITAMIN C DAILY REQUIREMENTS
How much vitamin C a day makes sense?
For an optimal supply of your body with vitamin C, the German Society for Nutrition recommends 95 mg daily for women and 110 mg for men.
This corresponds, for example, to approx. 100 g fresh Brussels sprouts or 200 ml of freshly squeezed orange juice.
Your vitamin C requirement may be increased in certain life situations. This includes, for example regular consumption of nicotine and alcohol but also physical stress from intense training. In this case, we recommend 150 mg - 200 mg of vitamin C per day.
Vitamin C effect
Hardly any other vitamin fulfills as many different functions as vitamin C. The vitamin is particularly important because of its antioxidant properties. What does that mean exactly?
Vitamin C acts as a Antioxidant: Your body can do it protect against free radicals. Too much free radicals can lead to too oxidative stress to lead. This is related to the development of various diseases and the aging process.
Here you can find out which important tasks the all-round talent will continue to take on:
What does vitamin C do?
Vitamin C carries ...
- Contributes to reducing tiredness and fatigue
- Contributes to normal psychological function
- Contributes to the regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E.
- Contributes to normal energy metabolism
- Contributes to a normal function of the immune system (physical defense)
- Contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system
- Helps protect cells from oxidative stress
- Contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels, bones, cartilage, teeth & gums and skin
- Increases iron absorption
- This helps to maintain the normal function of the immune system (physical defense) during and after intense physical activity
Vitamin C and exercise
When exercising intensely, your body is increasingly dependent on nutrients and minerals. Are you just not able to completely cover this additional requirement with your diet? Then we recommend ours vegan daily vitamins. In addition to a large portion of vitamin C, our capsules also contain vitamin B12 and vitamin D.
- Ideal in stressful everyday life
- 100% coverage with all essential vitamins
- Perfectly dosed capsules
Vitamin C supplements
There are various ways of taking vitamin C as a supplement in the form of preparations.
These are the most common forms:
- Vitamin C tablets
- Vitamin C capsules
- Vitamin C drops
- Vitamin C infusion
- Vitamin C powder
- Fortified foods
The use of these preparations is recommended if a deficiency has already been determined or the additional requirement cannot be completely covered by diet. Which of the preparations is most suitable depends entirely on your requirements.
If a severe deficiency needs to be compensated for, one is recommended Vitamin C infusion at your trusted doctor. A particularly popular variant is also vitamin C powder, dissolved in a glass of mineral water.
Iron and vitamin C.
Did you know that vitamin C is the Iron absorption improved? This is particularly important for vegans: for example, you can add a glass of orange juice to your oat porridge to ensure that iron is absorbed better.
Vitamin C serum and vitamin C as a beauty secret
Vitamin C is not only important for your physical and mental well-being. The all-rounder is also said to have a unique effect on skin and face care. A vitamin C serum should have anti-aging effects and make your skin glow. This effect is due, among other things, to the antioxidant effect of the vitamin.
Hardly any other vitamin has been researched as well as vitamin C. Among other things, the water-soluble vitamin contributes to the normal function of your immune system and protects your body from oxidative stress - this is particularly important in order to be well prepared during the cold season. When you train hard, your body relies on nutrients and minerals. It is therefore particularly important that you pay particular attention to your vitamin C intake during these training phases.
Overall, a vitamin C deficiency is rather rare in Germany. However, the prerequisite is that the basics of a healthy and balanced diet are known.
Our tip: Do you want to maximize your training? Then we recommend ours to you free body check. Define your goals, have your BMI calculated and receive individually tailored nutrition and training tips.Get started now with Body Check
- Zaful is a scam
- How can I stop having wet dreams
- If you are sexually overactive, you become a pervert
- Where can I get a robot design
- What is the drinking age in the Czech Republic
- How do I create a website plugin
- Airplanes will fly in strong winds
- Schizoids lack emotional expression
- What is ab c
- MacBook Charger cannot be charged
- How does loud music affect babies?
- Is the correspondence theory of truth flawed
- What is open source web server
- Pig Latin is a real language
- What exactly is socialized medicine
- Which payment form are you using
- How do I start a beer tasting
- In what situation would you demand respect
- What is your opinion on the end of Inception
- What is the history of Ashtanga Yoga
- Is ReactJS suitable for creating dynamic dashboards
- Has stoicism overlapped with Buddhism?
- What are some interesting facts about muscles
- What should I call my violin?
- What is a delusion
- How can healthcare institutions deal with water problems
- How can I learn modern poetry
- Is vinyl the same as plastic?
- How Much Earwax is Too Much
- What's your mother's secret recipe
- What are the 4 types of volcanoes
- Puffer fish live in coral reefs
- Why do people follow social media stars
- Vegetarianism has a long history