Which retailers sell large clothes
The warehouses of textile dealers and manufacturers in the country are full, the clothes are piling up. The retailers hope for Corona help and find individual ways to get rid of the goods.
by Doreen Pelz
After Christmas there were complaints or returns worth 25,000 euros, explains Kai Först, manager of Nortex in Neumünster. "We would like to donate these parts. Especially a jacket in the cold season, we could help people with it. Unfortunately, we cannot do that because we would then have to pay the sales tax on the sales price to the tax office." Money that Nortex and many other fashion and textile companies do not want or can not spend additionally, especially during the Corona crisis. Throwing away the old goods is the cheaper alternative.
Throwing away instead of donating?
The Federal Ministry of Finance denies the request from NDR Schleswig-Holstein whether it is planned to suspend the payment of VAT in the event of donations in the pandemic and refers to EU law. The ministry suggests selling the items at significantly lower prices or as special items. The dealers are still hoping for the sale in February, but one thing is clear: That too is only possible with strong discounts. Because customers are not interested in old collections. And selling old winter clothes in the spring is just as difficult.
According to projections by the North Trade Association, half a billion parts will not be sold between mid-December and the end of January. A huge problem for retailers, explains Mareike Petersen from the association: "How should retailers pay for the new collections that were ordered a year ago, before the first lockdown?"
Call for corona aid
The managing director of a large sports outfitter with several branches in Kiel, Lübeck and Neumünster, Knud Hansen, even goes so far as to ask the federal government to buy the clothes and shoes. "With the corona aid three, as they are called, the federal government can pay us retailers a decent price for the things. The shoes and clothes bought can then be donated by the federal government to those in need in the world," suggests Hansen. Because currently there is less and less space in his warehouse. According to Hansen, the lockdown came at an even worse time this time. He could no longer sell the winter goods in the spring. "There are large online retailers who have, of course, also ordered the new goods. That means that we are competing with new goods. And then it says - oh look, the onliners have the current models there and the stationary retailers sell the models from the previous year, "Hansen fears.
Some dealers consider individual solutions
In the small shop Hygge 14 in Eutin, Sylke Becker continues to sell goods online, but it doesn’t bring in as much as usual. And a lot of winter goods now have to go. Throwing it in the trash is out of the question for Becker, even if there is no longer any question of "selling at a profit". For her customers who continue to order, the shopkeeper packs "good mood bags": with the help of a little information on size, style and color preferences, she puts together things worth around 150 euros. The customers only have to pay 50 euros for it. "I'm glad that I can at least make someone happy this way," said Becker, explaining the campaign. At Nortex in Neumünster, returned winter jackets are now being passed on to a buyer for one euro each. He in turn shreds the things and continues to use the materials or sells the clothing abroad.
This topic in the program:
NDR 1 Welle Nord | News for Schleswig-Holstein | 01/21/2021 | 8:00 a.m.
- How do I send a bulk text
- Why is most science fiction dystopian?
- What is political game theory
- Does Python support automatic garbage collection
- Will teleportation ever be possible 1
- Does the earth have a resonance frequency
- How was NEET II paper
- What are the best Korean ballads
- Should I do an internship at Amity Noida
- Banner will have a season 5
- Where can I find someone who has published their résumé
- Is polyester fleece
- How often do men win custody
- Which is the heart or brain busiest
- How do you separate the word in between
- Hawking radiation can be used for anything
- What is a commodity simple definition
- How does rocket fuel work
- What are the best camera apps
- How do you avoid thinking about others?
- Can you be addicted to video games?
- How much insulation is too much insulation
- The ego is the greatest enemy we have
- Can you shoot in the neck
- Did the Platters write their own songs
- When does the analysis fail?
- Naturopathy can cure a problem like arthritis
- Must hemp seeds be refrigerated
- What's your favorite street sign
- Are Splenda packages compostable?
- What is the best time to jog
- How can I meet a Bollywood director
- What should everyone know about France
- Which pirate would you be? Why?