What is a corporate setback
Dresden (dpa / sn) - The second corona wave depresses the mood in the Saxon economy. The chief executive of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Chemnitz, Hans-Joachim Wunderlich, spoke on Thursday of a "severe setback" for the economic recovery. The upswing that began after the first lockdown in the spring was abruptly interrupted by the new restrictions. "Many companies are up to their necks," said Wunderlich.
The Saxon Chambers of Commerce and Industry (IHK) presented the current economic survey on Thursday. Accordingly, the IHK business climate index fell to 94 points after an interim high last autumn. For this purpose, more than 2,100 companies from industry, construction, trade and tourism with a total of more than 100,000 employees were surveyed from mid-December to mid-January. "In the meantime, the financial situation for many is likely to have worsened," said Wunderlich.
While industry and construction are largely stable, according to the survey, the corona pandemic has hit retail, service providers and the hospitality industry in particular. According to the information, almost every sixth company surveyed had to cease its business operations at least temporarily, four out of ten companies recorded lower demand for products or services. In addition, many companies (53 percent) are struggling with staff shortages due to illness, quarantine or because employees have to stay at home because daycare centers and schools are closed.
The restrictions to contain the corona pandemic also have an impact on the financial situation: As the economic survey by the IHKs shows, the financial situation worsened for half of the companies. Although the chambers of commerce and industry are assuming an increasing number of bankruptcies, they do not anticipate a "wave of bankruptcies". The prerequisite, however, is that the economic aid announced is now flowing quickly.
Saxony has been in lockdown since mid-December - with shops, daycare centers and schools largely closed. There will be a first cautious easing for retail from February 15, when the "Click & Collect" ordering system will be permitted in Saxony, as in the other federal states. From March 1st, according to federal-state resolutions, hairdressers will be allowed to lend a hand again. However, the currently applicable measures to combat the pandemic will generally be extended until March 7th.
The Dresden IHK boss Detlef Hamann was disappointed with the decision. There is still no concrete timetable for the economy in the corona pandemic. "And the economic losses increase with each passing day."
© dpa-infocom, dpa: 210211-99-397532 / 3
- If the IBPS PO 2019 is canceled
- What are the problems with breadcrumbs
- How would you rate the film Padmaavat
- Are love and attention the same
- Scientists believe in astrology
- Why is shell scripting underestimated?
- If you cheated, it was worth it
- Need ankle support for hiking boots
- How dance responded to music
- Would the installation of IntelliJ IDEA affect Android Studio?
- What are the main disadvantages of c ++
- Hurricane Michael will hit South Carolina
- Is there an ACCA coaching in Ahmedabad
- What does it mean to go through the door
- What is the education policy
- Why did Britain give Palestine to Jews?
- Do we really need server-side rendering
- Could dinosaurs have existed alongside humans?
- Why do retired pilots get morose
- How do you calculate monthly mortgage payments
- What makes a Nazi a Nazi
- What Is Part of an Event Marketing Plan
- What is the story of Cleveland
- The temperature can affect the capacity