Which bacteria does Cephalexin kill?
This is how cefalexin works
In the following you will learn more about the areas of application and the mode of action of Cefalexin. You can also read the information on the active ingredient groups cephalosporins, antibiotics, to which the active ingredient cefalexin belongs.
Applications of the active ingredient cefalexin
Cefalexin is used for acute and chronic bacterial infections caused by germs sensitive to cefalexin. These include infections of the upper and lower respiratory tract, inflammation of the mouth and throat, ear, nose and throat infections such as otitis media, sinus infections, tonsillitis and throat infections.
Cefalexin can also be used to treat sexually transmitted diseases (such as gonorrhea) and urogenital tract infections such as inflammation of the prostate, kidney infections, or urinary tract infections.
The active ingredient is also used for skin infections, soft tissue infections, bone marrow inflammation (osteomyelitis) and joint inflammation.
For the following areas of application of Cefalexin more detailed information is available:
How Cefalexin Works
Cefalexin belongs to the group of oral cephalosporins and is therefore a representative of the beta-lactam antibiotics. It kills bacteria (bactericidal effect) by preventing their cell wall building. Many bacteria are now insensitive (resistant) to these antibiotics because they form proteins (the so-called beta-lactamases) that can destroy the active ingredients. Cefalexin is also ineffective against such pathogens.
- Why are police horses still used?
- What is the IUPAC name of C6H12
- What does elaborate mean
- What methods are there for strategic marketing
- What time is better to meditate
- What plants do American bison eat
- Which coconut oil is best for cooking
- How long should combat boots last
- What are side effects for Alzheimer's drugs
- How is youth wasted on youth?
- What is Tableau Data Engine
- Leaves Ford in the Indian market
- What are some current trends in biotechnology
- Why do I have to understand everything
- How can I extend my lifespan
- Believe in the shortcut theory
- What's your favorite stout or porter
- What is an open radial fracture
- What is the micro irrigation system
- Should operators be prohibited from locking telephones
- What are WiFi proxy setups for cell phones
- How many centimeters are in 70 meters
- What is your landing page with the best performance
- Which instrument do you like to play?