What is formal decohaerence
Wave function collapse
If a measurement is carried out on a quantum mechanical system, the system goes into a state in which the measured variable has a defined value (previously, for example, a superposition of several such states could exist). This is called Condition reduction, or Wave function collapse.
Collapse of the wave function within the axiomatic version of quantum mechanics
The collapse of the wave function is described by one of the axioms of quantum mechanics:
| After measuring the condition , the a as a non-degenerate eigenvalue (eigenvector: ), the system is in its own state to a. |
Is the eigenvalue a degenerate, the system is in any state of the to a belonging Eigenraum.
This means the following: In quantum mechanics, the possible measured values of an observable are its eigenvalues ai to the eigenvectors . If any measurement is carried out on a system, only the eigenvalues can be seen as the result ai receive. After the measurement, the system is then in a defined state, namely the eigenstate of the measured eigenvalue.
Example: double slit experiment
In the double slit experiment, an interference pattern is observed when the exact path of the particles through the slit is not known. The wave functionψ (z) of the system is then the sum of the wave functions for a system with only the upper slit ψ1(z) and a system with only the lower gap ψ2(z). If you now measure the position of the particles at the gap (e.g. covering a gap), only one of the two wave functions is observed ψ1(z) or ψ2(z). The wave function has thus collapsed onto one of its components.
Before the measurement, the probability was a particle in place z to be found right now
- P(z) = | ψ (z) | 2 = | ψ1(z) + ψ2(z) | 2.
After the measurement, the following applies:
As Wave function collapse one denotes their probabilistic transition into a ensemble of (possible) other wave functions, formed from the components of the original wave function with probabilities which, according to Max Born, are equal to the squares of their coefficients. The collapse was explicitly postulated by John von Neumann as a second dynamic in addition to the Schrödinger equation, around well-defined measurement results or a psycho-physical parallelism to enable - but it corresponds to Born's original formulation of the probability interpretation.
According to the decoherence theory appears the ensemble of wave functions to the local observer only because of its entanglement with the environment.
Category: quantum physics
- What should you avoid during irradiation?
- What does a seafood cook consist of
- Why is the earth tilted 1
- Motivation is essential to being a writer
- Twitter India is left biased
- Which DNS servers can I trust
- What does fatigue mean
- Can you describe some of the gentlemen in cricket?
- How do you manage the strategy
- What is the chemical composition of silver
- What is x if 2x 66
- What is a flip-up helmet
- What is the Average Machine Learning Salary
- Why did KKR lose the match
- Hindus are circumcised
- Think the programming is being oversaturated
- How do you accept cultural differences
- What are some big flower trees Indians
- Can I sue a robot
- Who is Nightmare Neal
- How can I park steel at home
- Why is a Panasonic Elasa overheating
- Can law enforcement agencies enter a church?
- What is the positive effect of newspapers