Why do plants grow flowers
How do flowers grow?
At the beginning of a flower there is a small seed, a plant embryo. When it is warm and humid at the same time, such as in spring, the seeds begin to germinate. It swells up because water seeps through its shell.
The seed coat breaks open and the first cotyledons come out of the soil. The cotyledons serve the young plant, also known as the seedling, as a food store. While the cotyledons later dry out, roots, shoots and leaves develop from the seedling, and later also the flowers.
From a microscopic point of view, plants grow in two different ways: When the cell enlarges, the volume of the cell simply becomes larger and larger. But that only works up to a certain point, at some point it will end. During cell division (mitosis), the cell divides, thereby increasing the number of cells. The mother cell divides in such a way that it creates two identical daughter cells. These are initially half the size of the mother cell and later grow to the size of the mother cell. As the individual parts of the flowers (the cells) get bigger and bigger, the whole flower gets bigger too.
The roots give the plant support in the earth. The water is sucked out of the earth through fine root hairs. Nutrient salts are dissolved in the water - they are the breakfast, lunch and dinner of a plant. The water reaches all parts of the plant in long tubes, especially the leaves. Thanks to the nutrient salt meals, the plant can grow.
The sprout grows above the earth. Leaves and side shoots form from it, the main shoot grows into a strong stalk. At some point a flower will develop at its tip. Each plant species has a different flower shape and the colors of the flowers are very different, often even the flowers of the same plant species have different colors. Now they bloom for a couple of weeks. You can pick the flowers and put them in a vase at home or you can let them grow and be happy that the garden is so beautifully colorful.
The question was answered by Prof. Dr. Albert-Dieter Stevens, director of the Berlin-Dahlem Botanical Garden.
- What do people think of occupational therapy
- How do I disable NoScript in Firefox
- How are echo chambers just as dangerous
- What is the worst university in Texas
- Can be called acid hydride
- How is Hamdard University doing
- What is a fantasy football manager
- Will Bolton Nuke NK
- Is Toronto in the Midwest or Northeast
- Can users be trusted on Quora
- Why are science fiction spaceships so big
- What is the biggest mistake in simulation theory
- How are quantum foam and twisting connected?
- When can I buy Proxy Malaysia
- Can we hack the slide app?
- How can I use statistical analysis
- Is it okay to exercise with sciatica
- How do I use pencil as a light
- What is the difference between SeatGeek and StubHub
- What does the 11th amendment say?
- What is the main program
- How does an electric train work
- May cure dehydration heaps
- How's the American University of Antigua doing
- Tonga has a royal court
- What percentage of Russians watch figure skating?
- Is it safe to buy Adidas Superstars on eBay
- Which copics should you start with?
- What to borrow
- Deists believe in objective morality
- What is a member of the flight crew
- If 12x 4 32 what is x
- Who wrote the speech of Shah Rukh Khan's TED
- Who controls what in Libya