What is it like to meet Jimmy Page
On August 12, 1968, music history was written in a small rehearsal room in the English capital, London: Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, John Bonham and Robert Plant rehearsed together for the first time.
It shouldn't be long before this band played their first gig. The four musicians were already on stage together on September 7th of the same year. What later turned the rock world upside down under the name Led Zeppelin was initially still called The New Yardbirds for contractual reasons. How the rehearsal went - and how the historic first meeting felt for the members, the guitarist and songwriter recently told in an interview with the "Ultimate Classic Rock Nights Radio Show" (Ultimateclassicrock.com reported).
When it comes to Jimmy Page, the musicians were immediately aware that they were dealing with something very special: “I knew that this felt like nothing before, and I also knew that we were all in the same boat “, Remembers the 76-year-old. Page is sure that the other band members felt the same way: "Whatever they did before, they were never in such an intense situation with such a serious connection - musically connected in a profound way - and that at our first meeting, where we first got ready to play ”.
Page continues: "I have worked with Robert [Plant, Note] worked in my house, went through various things with him that I wanted to do, like 'Dazed And Cofused', 'Babe I'm Gonna Leave You' ... but that first rehearsal was enough that we were all excited ”.
Writing history in a hurry
Editor's recommendationAfter that everything went quickly for her: Page, Plant, Jones and Bonham played their first appearance under the name Led Zeppelin on October 25, 1968. “We recorded in October 1968, the Yardbirds were still there in July 1968. You can imagine how quickly this whole thing came about, ”commented the guitarist on this important phase.
- Technically speaking, birds are dinosaurs
- Is the Oberlo exclusive to Shopify
- How is urea made in a laboratory
- What did Vic Mignogna do wrong
- Who was the first nabi in Islam
- Sing a native skill
- Are reflexive binary relationships always transitive
- How do people feel with strange names?
- Can divide 10 by 3 perfectly
- Paranoia is a symptom of bipolar disorder
- Isn't Russia in Eastern Europe
- Sunscreens make you dark
- What is meant by reciprocity network
- What is a legal test
- Why is the world ignoring ibogaine
- How bosons carry power
- Who killed Jojen Reed
- What is technical textile
- Can you fool an EtG test?
- What do you think about VR
- How and when does the British monarch last
- How can I stop having wet dreams
- Which emotion is absolutely essential for survival
- Are you a vision student
- What language would you like to speak
- Was the Parmanu movie a flop
- What is real food
- What is political game theory
- What is the best poetry of Christmas
- We lose our skill over generations
- How to watch WWE Fastlane 2019
- Is Glasgow a safe place for tourists
- What is the open concept of rock music