What is the full form of BYOD
What is bring your own device?
IT departments everywhere try to keep abreast of the constant technological changes. This includes the growing demand from employees to use personal devices for work. Bring your own device (BYOD) describes a guideline in which this is expressly permitted and possible. The best example is using your own smartphone. BYOD can just as easily include tablets, laptops, and even USB drives. A BYOD strategy has the following advantages, among others:
- Increased employee satisfaction: You can work more flexibly.
- Cost savings: Companies spend less on hardware and software licenses.
- increase of productivity: Employees are happier, more comfortable and often work faster with their own devices.
- Comfort: Employees only need to think of one device.
Challenges with BYOD
By far the greatest risk with a BYOD policy is that security cannot be managed on individual employee devices. In addition to passcode protection, BYOD policies can include that confidential data must be encrypted, that corporate documents cannot be stored locally, or that corporate access is restricted to non-sensitive areas. There are the following critical points:
- Device sharing: How employees can use corporate devices is easy to define. It is often much more difficult to explain the limits of this security arrangement to employees when they want to allow friends or family members to use their personal devices. When everyone who shares a device has access to sensitive company information, it becomes much more difficult to ensure security.
- Data separation: What happens when an employee leaves the company? Confidential information must then be removed from his device. The employee's own data, however, should of course not be deleted.
- privacy: If an employee has complete control over a hardware device, this also applies to all data stored on it. What prevents a salesperson from downloading a database of customer information or from storing an archive of emails and documents received as part of their employment?
BYOD security can often be achieved by IT setting comprehensive security requirements for every personal device used in the workplace and added to the corporate network. Such a policy may include:
- IT specifies that devices must be configured with passwords.
- It is forbidden to install certain applications.
- All sensitive data on the device must be encrypted.
- Non-company-related activities that are carried out on the devices at the workplace are restricted.
- There are scheduled reviews by the IT department to ensure compliance with the BYOD security policy.
Why Bring Your Own Device is important to you
The driving force behind BYOD is a new IT self-sufficiency for employees who already own and use private laptops, tablets and smartphones. Often the company's own mobile devices are more modern than the company's own equipment. It is no surprise that the rapid advance of lightweight ultrabooks, iPads, and large-screen phones is changing the way people want to work. And if employees are allowed to integrate their own devices into the company's infrastructure, the overall IT costs can be reduced. Often times, productivity also increases.
More about bring your own device
How Barracuda can help you
The Barracuda Web Security Gateway protects multiple devices while browsing the Internet without the need to install client software or browser add-ons on each device. For comprehensive network protection, the Barracuda CloudGen Firewall provides secure network access from devices connected to the network as well as devices outside the network. Supported devices include PCs, Macs, iPhones, iPads, Android, and Chromebooks.
Do you have any futher questions on this topic Bring your own device? We are looking forward to your message!
Support request to Barracuda
- Which place is better Kullu or Manali
- Russia successfully reverses demographic decline
- What is policy cycle in business
- Ain't fake science fashion
- What is the equipment required for bowling
- When was the first transgender person discovered?
- Active neurons generate electrical fields
- Why is LA more popular than SF
- You can lower your consciousness without taking poison
- What are the characteristics of Batman
- How are the Oscars paid
- Where can I buy wholesale apetamine syrup
- What are some good botany books
- Can military aircraft fly in hurricanes?
- How different is Abu Dhabi from Islamabad
- Is P on purpose in psychology
- How can I tell if I am underweight?
- What is the oldest stuffed animal ever discovered
- What is kuttymovies com
- Which countries have never had racism?
- Can Yubikey be used on Linux
- What else does honey do besides honey bees?
- Are viral content websites profitable
- How do you pop an ear pick