What is the recipe for starburst candy
Spicy starburst and skittles? These candies are about to heat things up
If you want to blame anyone for this, blame sriracha.
America has become so used to sweet things and heat that now even sweetness follows suit. Skittles and Starburst announced that they are introducing Sweet Heat flavors this December.
Wrigley, the confectionery maker, made its debut this week at the National Confectioners Sweets & Snacks Expo in Chicago.
The Skittles and Starburst candies mix fruit flavors with a “spicy kick”. Susan Whiteside, a spokeswoman for the convention, told Food Business News that candy is part of a larger "hot" trend in the industry.
"Both pastry chefs and snack makers are increasingly getting too sweet to offset hot, tangy, or spicy flavors," said Whiteside. "We've seen a lot in the confectionery industry with Red Hots and Atomic Fireball, but that takes those flavors to a new level."
The Skittles Packs include five intimidating options: Fiery Watermelon, Blazin Mango, Flamin Orange, Sizzlin Strawberry, and Lemon Spark, the TODAY brand announced. The Starburst flavors sound pretty similar (with a common hatred for the letter “G”): fiery watermelon, strawberry mango, flamin orange, and pipin pineapple.
While we haven't had a chance to try the goods, they sound like a stomachache in the making. According to a press release, prices will start at 99 cents for a single package of Skittles, starting at $ 3.19 for a “laydown bag,” which is what we imagine eating more than one pair.
Not to be total skeptics - we look forward to the Skittles Trick Plays - which appear in time for the hockey season and have a surprise taste: the outside color does not indicate how it will taste inside.
- All-pink starburst packs are here - but not for long!
- Meet your newest obsession: Reese’s Crunchy Cookie Cup
- Pop-Tarts introduces new Jolly Rancher flavors
New Oreo chocolate bars: Kathie Lee and Hoda are fans
- Who created Islam
- What is a Client Solutions Manager
- Where are the CA colleges
- Can we cool the earth
- Which is the last piece Shakespeare wrote
- What do you think of academic philosophy
- Is God more powerful than his omnipotence
- When will the Pinterest API be released?
- Is the chaos logical
- Mango is a dicot plant
- What kind of content attracts more ads
- How to answer 121 questions
- Google+ will be releasing an API soon
- Lindsey Buckingham is a good guitarist
- Has cable television advertising
- Where are Google Keep notes stored
- How can I become a king
- How did the Daintree Rainforest come about
- How to rent an apartment remotely
- How do I overcome a Monday phobia
- How environmentally conscious are the people of Sri Lanka
- Does the earth have a resonance frequency
- Which expression is correct
- Can GitHub sites support multiple sites?