How do you relieve ear infection pain
What can parents do about otitis media?
Boonacker CW, Rovers MM, Browning GG, Hoes AW, Schilder AG, Burton MJ. Adenoidectomy with or without grommets for children with otitis media: an individual patient data meta-analysis. Health Technol Assess 2014; 18 (5): 1-118.
Browning GG, Rovers MM, Williamson I, Lous J, Burton MJ. Grommets (ventilation tubes) for hearing loss associated with otitis media with effusion in children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2010; (10): CD001801.
Coleman C, Moore M. Decongestants and antihistamines for acute otitis media in children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2008; (3): CD001727.
Foxlee R, Johansson A, Wejfalk J, Dawkins J, Dooley L, Del Mar CB. Topical analgesia for acute otitis media. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2006; (3): CD005657.
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). Otitis media (acute): antimicrobial prescribing guideline. Evidence review. 03.2018.
Sjoukes A, Venekamp RP, van de Pol AC, Hay AD, Little P, Schilder AG et al. Paracetamol (acetaminophen) or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, alone or combined, for pain relief in acute otitis media in children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2016; (12): CD011534.
Spurling GK, Del Mar CB, Dooley L, Foxlee R, Farley R. Delayed antibiotic prescriptions for respiratory infections. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2017; (9): CD004417.
Venekamp RP, Damoiseaux RA, Schilder AG. Acute otitis media in children. BMJ Clin Evid 2014: pii: 0301.
Venekamp RP, Mick P, Schilder AG, Nunez DA. Grommets (ventilation tubes) for recurrent acute otitis media in children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2018; (5): CD012017.
Venekamp RP, Sanders SL, Glasziou PP, Del Mar CB, Rovers MM. Antibiotics for acute otitis media in children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2015; (6): CD000219.
IQWiG health information is intended to help understand the advantages and disadvantages of important treatment options and health care offers.
Whether one of the options we have described actually makes sense in individual cases can be clarified in a conversation with a doctor. Gesundheitsinformation.de can support the discussion with doctors and other experts, but not replace it. We do not offer individual advice.
Our information is based on the results of high quality studies. They are created by a team of authors from medicine, science and the editorial team and reviewed by experts outside IQWiG. We describe in detail in our methods how we develop our texts and keep them up to date.
- How popular is Microsoft's Azure cloud platform
- Wristwatches float in the water
- Where are the stars most visible?
- Have you survived a motorcycle accident?
- Can the queen intervene to prevent an exit?
- I can fly
- Should I do a job or Masters
- What does RMIT mean for university
- Runs enough as a physical exercise
- How are shotgun spells broken up into pellets
- Why should I believe in the afterlife?
- Why are there so many sexist ads
- How can I improve my GitHub account
- What is the best 11 12in laptop
- Colossus is only strong when it transforms
- How is fitness necessary
- What do you think of Sasaeng fans
- What do conservatives think of Dick Cheney?
- What does TSeries
- Is UNB good
- Which college would be better for engineering
- Who is the current Miss World 2019
- What are warm string music
- How do ethernet cables work on laptops
- What does price per capita mean
- Is PrizeRebel legitimate
- What is the primary DNA
- How am I a vlogger
- How good a fighter is Loras Tyrell
- What are the characteristics of folk literature
- How can a second less guess yourself
- A psychologist couldn't want you anymore
- Why is modulation required