What are the disadvantages of ceramics
Ceramic sink - the advantages and disadvantages
Modern ceramic sinks of high quality are burned particularly carefully and at particularly high temperatures. This creates a material with very special properties. The table below shows how they work in the kitchen:
|property||Impact in the kitchen|
|Particularly high hardness||Robust, resilient, high quality impact also almost no longer prone to scratching|
|Particularly smooth and dense surface||Dirt cannot adhere and penetrate the material - easy to clean|
|Particularly dense and firm material||Splintering is hardly to be feared today (unlike in the past)|
|Heat resistance||Ceramic is resistant to the usual temperatures in the kitchen|
|Food safety||Because of the smooth surface, ceramics are always food-safe when cleaned properly|
Because of its good properties, a ceramic sink hardly needs any maintenance and stains can be easily removed. This is a major advantage of ceramic sinks. In addition, the following advantages also count:
- Longevity (higher than other sinks)
- beautiful for a long time with regular cleaning
- good cost-benefit ratio
Disadvantages of ceramic sinks
However, you always have to consider some small disadvantages with the ceramic sink. The material properties of the sink not only bring advantages.
Disadvantage: high hardness
The high hardness means that dishes can sometimes break if they hit the hard surface too hard. Many pot materials (such as stainless steel) are softer than ceramic and can therefore leave unsightly traces of abrasion (which are easy to remove)
The high robustness of the material also leads to a significantly higher weight of the sink than, for example, a stainless steel sink. The installation of these sinks should therefore best be carried out by specialists.
Compared to stainless steel sinks, which are still "standard", the price of a ceramic sink is downright astronomical. While simple stainless steel sinks start at 50 EUR, even the simplest ceramic kitchen sinks can hardly be had for less than 200 EUR. In view of the longer service life and the significantly lower cleaning effort for ceramics, this can in some cases compensate for each other somewhat.
- Why is alcohol banned with BP medication
- Loans against property is a good idea
- What is the World Trade Organization
- Why is political science not a science
- What are the names of scientists who study the earth
- The merger with Disney Pixar was a success
- Who is the Greek god of sex
- What are instruction sets in processors
- Why do the Kashmiri support Burhan Wani
- Which advice offers the best career advice
- We lose our skill over generations
- UX is UX a great choice
- What is dyspepsia disease
- How do we derive a heat equation
- What is the science behind supersonic vehicles
- How useful is IB English B.
- Are digital media useful for education?
- How do I choose stocks when trading
- What are INTJ's hidden joys
- Are people with schizophrenia socially active
- What are the best restaurants in Bhavnagar
- What is an asymmetric bug
- How do you overcome stage fright
- Is the preparation for GATE CSE worthy enough?
- How different were the Medes and Persians
- Do you have erotic dreams
- What kind of tissue is the tongue
- What is meddling in psychology
- Soundgarden wrote her own songs
- Can PayPal close my account
- Playing is a waste of time
- What are three facts about the CIA
- How does employee morale affect performance?