What screams I'm from West Virginia
North Carolina: Mysterious sea creature with angel wings washed up - what kind of creature is that?
Locals confused: what kind of strange sea creature is that on the beach?
Fuchs, the lucky dragon, is it you? Or is it a dementor from "Harry Potter"? After a bizarre sea monster was found on the coast of California just a few weeks ago, it is now the turn of the US east coast: On the Outer Banks in North Carolina, locals found a "gargoyle-like" creature.
Vacationer Kenny Harris made the mysterious find. During a morning walk on the beach, the 42-year-old saw something lying in the sand: a dead animal. However, this had little in common with an ordinary fish and was more like a fearsome creature. The sea monster even has wings that are reminiscent of an angel. What's up with the strange animal?
Online people are busy puzzling over what the bizarre animal could be
"I come from West Virginia and visit the Outer Banks twice a year. And I've never seen anything like it," Kenny Harris told the British newspaper "Mirror". Even when he shared photos of the mysterious sea monster online, he did not get any more detailed information. The locals were just as perplexed as he was.
Opinions as to what exactly the creature with the angel wings could be differed greatly. Some suspected a mythical bat-fish hybrid, others claimed to have noticed a similarity to Fuchur, the dragon hero from "The Neverending Story". A dementor was also thrown into the race. These are the creepy and nasty villains from the "Harry Potter" universe.
Reading tip:On the beach in North Wales: vacationers puzzle over washed-up "marine aliens"
The resolution: The sea monster is assigned to this genus
An agreement on what the gargoyle-like creature is now followed a little later. Kenny Harris is said to have found an angel shark, a very endangered group of sharks. These were once common in the North Atlantic, Mediterranean and Black Seas until the population declined sharply in the 1980s.
How this particular shark died and where the monster came from before it landed in the Outer Banks in North Carolina remains a mystery. (vdü)
- Are blockchain assets identical to cryptocurrencies?
- Which books have you convinced of atheism?
- What is a counter-positive in math
- Why is Trump chubby
- Is the substitution effect positive or negative
- Which country does the cherry blossom come from?
- Can SpaceX actually get to Mars?
- What does ergonomics mean
- Which language can the programming language Go replace
- How important is glass recycling
- How do I make charcoal
- Which scooter is best Aprilia or Activa
- Why do people say karma is a slut
- Why didn't you get a cat
- Why did you start to quit skateboarding?
- Have you ever had a MySpace account?
- Is physiotherapy painful
- How is vinegar made from sugar cane juice
- Probation workers carry weapons
- What is the rule of thirds
- What kind of tissue is the tongue
- What first got you into chiptune music?
- What is your worst lucid dream experience
- Why did the film Laila Majnu flop?