Are there attacks in Syria
Dead in attack on hospital and Russian air strike in Syria
According to eyewitnesses, seven civilians were killed in an attack on a hospital in northwest Syria. In addition, 14 medics were injured by the Syrian artillery fire, it said on Sunday. Among the dead in the city of Atareb were a woman and a child. It was a violation of a ceasefire agreement that has been in force in this region for a year.
The Turkish Ministry of Defense initially spoke of five dead and ten injured and blamed forces supported by the Syrian government. The Turkish military has a military base in northwest Syria. The area is controlled by rebels, supported by Turkey, who are fighting against the Syrian government.
Attacks by Russian planes
Shortly after the attack, according to information from rebels, Russian fighter planes also shot at training camps for the insurgents. A spokesman for the rebel alliance "National Army" said that Russia, which is on the side of the Syrian government, wants to destabilize the last rebel stronghold in Syria. Initially, no response was received from the Moscow government. In the past, Russia and the Syrian government had repeatedly stated that they would only attack militant Islamists.
About a week and a half ago, Russia, Turkey and Qatar announced that they wanted to start a new attempt together to end the civil war in Syria, which had been going on for ten years. Turkey and Qatar are allied with rebels who want to overthrow Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. On the other hand, Russia supports the ruler with extensive military aid. Iran also plays an important role. Shiite militias he controls are fighting alongside Assad's troops.
70 percent of the doctors fled
Hospitals in north-west Syria have been targeted repeatedly in the past. As a result, the medical facilities were moved to grottos or underground hospitals. According to the UN, 70 percent of doctors and medical staff have fled the region in recent years.
On Sunday, Kurdish and Syrian units fought fierce battles in northern Syria, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights. The UK-based observatory draws its information from a network of local informants. The information provided by the activist organization can often hardly be verified by an independent party, but has repeatedly proven to be correct. Since the beginning of the civil war in Syria in 2011, 388,000 people have been killed. (APA, red, March 21, 2021)
- Why do women have complicated lives
- How does calculus affect the economy?
- What is a forward transistor
- Do we need CA for the GST registration
- Are solar panels affected by the rain
- What causes spicy taste
- How many people work at Dropbox
- TellTale Games will be closed
- Why Chinese vocabulary always have a completely different difference
- What are the most common installation problems
- What happened to all the motorcycle gangs
- What is direct current
- How old is Tintin
- What is digital awareness
- Probation workers carry weapons
- Is the GRB chemistry textbook good
- What blood group does RhoGAM get
- The merger with Disney Pixar was a success
- How does the epidermis protect your skin
- How was Joseph Stalin personally
- What does Engie Insight do
- Where do Indians lie in genetics
- How can I make social change?
- Where does the name Whitmore come from
- Evernote Mac version is better than Microsoft Word
- How do I start selling photos
- Who is Billy Meier 1
- Are there suburbs in China
- FAFSA automatically applies for TAP
- Is pimple hereditary
- What are the main details of HealthKit
- How useful are edX courses
- Why do hydrocolloid bandages help with acne
- Do derivatives increase economic growth