Creation myths are reliable
Creator / creation
The Theological Real Encyclopedia (TRE) [Theological Encyclopedia] is a modern specialist encyclopaedia comprising 36 volumes of text (1976-2004) representing the present state of theological research as a whole. More than a generation of scholars have collaborated in its production, to create a unique internationally-oriented reference work containing more than 2,500 articles (on over 28,000 pages of text) which stands as a document of the history of scholarship. The TRE is an indispensable tool for research, study and teaching, principally in theology, but also in its neighboring disciplines such as history, philosophy, Jewish studies and religious studies.
The Real Theological Encyclopedia treats the whole range of ecclesiastical and theological subjects from an ecumenical and international perspective; it deals with faith and thought, theology and church, acknowledgment and, if possible, understanding, beyond the boundaries of Christianity. Thus, in addition to the disciplines of the Old and New Testaments, church history, systematic and practical theology, the work also integrates Jewish studies, religious studies and philosophy - or rather, sees them as integral to theological study.
The users find central theological keywords (eg Eucharist, faith, Easter, sin, baptism) ethical topics (abortion, sexuality, death penalty), historical events (eg Crusades, National Socialism, Reformation) and people (from Abraham, Adam and Eve through Martin Luther, Mary, Friedrich Nietzsche to Teresa of Avila and Ulrich Zwingli) in addition to historical religious and religious studies overviews of all regions of the world (New Age, Siberian religions, Re-incarnation) and keywords from the history of religion (plant symbolism, literature and religion, pictorial arts).
Besides an exact reproduction of the complete text, the online version presents all the illustrations, maps, graphics and tables included in the printed volumes. A comprehensive search engine allows detailed researches which extend the bounds set by the systematic referencing of the two volumes of the overall index (published 2006 and 2007).
Links to the encyclopaedia Encyclopaedia of the Bible and Its Reception (EBR), to de Gruyter's theological journals and to external sources will gradually create an unparalleled expanding electronic corpus of theological knowledge.
- Why is digital cheaper than analog
- Which shirt color goes well with a purple hoodie
- How can artificial intelligence negatively affect children?
- Has suicide prevention gone too far?
- Support Pakistan unification of Pakistan
- What are some best practices for PHP
- What game is Castlevania Netflix based on
- What is the best standard cell phone
- Can an Ayurvedic doctor emigrate to Canada?
- Who did Justice Kennedy replace
- What's your favorite Florida rock band
- Why are eggs egg-shaped
- What is a docking station used for?
- Should I buy CS GO 2017
- Which artist sang the song Burning Heart
- Where is the voice reveal
- When should you fight against a traffic ticket?
- Which trees capture the most carbon?
- What is Dharma Karmadhipati Yoga
- What is the spending limit on Wells Fargo
- How independent filmmakers build their careers
- What certificates can I get online
- Why think like entrepreneurs
- Why were Indians angry with British rule
- Instagram is still a viable influencer platform
- Pakistan is a mercenary state
- What would you say after you died
- Why is there a Cancer Moon Shot
- Is sea foam bad for your car?
- What is Mendel's Law
- How do I open my old Facebook account
- What sense does summer time make
- An example of a business item