Men cry less than women
A sad film scene quickly evokes a reaction in women: tears flow and people sob. The supposedly stronger sex, on the other hand, seldom howls and tends to remain calm. As a rule, men cry six to 17 times a year, and women like to hang out up to 64 times. They do this longer and more intensively, as a study by the German Ophthalmic Society (DOG) found. However, the behavior also depends heavily on the character.
Up to the age of 13, both girls and boys cry the same amount, later that changes. This is due to the lactation hormone prolactin, whose production increases in girls during puberty. Scientists suspect that it could be the cause of the unevenly distributed emotional outbursts.
The reasons are different. The female sex tends to shed eyewash when it comes to unsolvable tasks, sad memories of the past or positive or negative emotional experiences. Men, on the other hand, usually cry out of deepest sadness or extreme joy. They have no problem letting tears run free when their favorite team wins.
Evolution and upbringing
From a developmental point of view, it is quite understandable. In difficult situations, such as when hunting, the man had to be completely focused. To despair would have been counterproductive. Women, on the other hand, cry for moral support and try to resolve feelings such as aggression. Upbringing is also important. In western countries boys are raised to be strong from the start. Crying is considered a weakness.
Generally, people cry most in affluent countries, this is a sign of tolerance and freedom of expression. Researchers from the Dutch research center TNO asked over 5,500 people in 37 countries about their habits. It turned out that in Sweden and Brazil women sob the most often, whereas in Italy there are men who cry most often. The German population is only in third place.
- Should I do an internship at Amity Noida
- What are some examples of consonant clusters
- How do I calculate the percentage change
- Why do people climb trees
- Revlon Uniq One makes hair white
- Ayurvedic treatment is effective in modern diseases
- What's your favorite Oscar Wilde quote
- Psychopaths are incredibly neutral
- Why is learning to program for GIS important
- Tattoos are devotional
- Who will win this year's Champions Trophy?
- What is an Otokar Cobra
- Why hasn't Netflix come to India yet
- How do Marlboro blacks taste
- How can I do my daily masterpiece
- When was the first transgender person discovered?
- Is the correspondence theory of truth flawed
- Can a psychopath suffer from social anxiety
- How can I soften hard peanut butter
- Maulana Azad Dental College is good
- Which three top fragrances define Thailand
- Powder coated steel patio furniture will rust
- Rational argument can really change someone's mind
- Do multivitamins really help grow hair
- What do whole wall cladding systems contain
- How to pronounce chondroitin
- How good is the McGills MMF program
- Which books have you convinced of atheism?
- What metal is used for the space settlement?
- Why do inmates get short haircuts
- How can universities benefit from a student?
- What atrocities did Hitler commit?
- How do I stop complicating programming
- How can I start the online assignment?