What is the definition of good
The quality Q for components
For the example of the coil, it makes sense to relate the series resistance of the coil to the inductance. This leads indirectly to the concept of goodness:
Definition: The goodness (Q) a coil or a capacitor that is Ratio of reactive power to active power in this component, so:
From this simple definition one can calculate the quality for 4 different arrangements. See table 7 for this.
In parallel to the definition of quality, the literature also includes the definition of Loss angle δ.
As can be easily shown, there is a relationship between loss angle and goodness:
Table 7: Calculation of the quality for different arrangements
Coil with parallel resistance
Coil with series resistance
Capacitor with parallel resistance
Series resistor capacitor
anecdote: The formula abbreviation Q for goodness is borrowed from American vocabulary. Originally, quality was introduced there as a "quality factor". However, the term quality was later defined differently in production technology. The quality of a component is the number of components delivered divided by the number of defective components delivered. For passive SMD components, a quality in the order of 10 is achieved today5. In the absence of an alternative to Quality, American literature today calls it Q designated. This is considered to be a word made up of a single consonant.
- What is a black knight
- Where can I buy screws?
- Which is better SIP or lump sum
- What is Environment Controlled Agriculture
- What is fandom in K Pop
- What do data protection guidelines normally include
- Vodafone is a British company
- Farfetch com has an API
- Is it Immoral to Buy Online?
- How did a smartphone save a life?
- What does fatigue mean
- Why is ammonia more basic than phosphine
- What do you think of the vote on offenders
- Can someone study 21 hours a day
- Will I travel abroad or get married?
- Why did the cliff hit so badly
- What are commercial real estate services
- Why should you leave the Sainik school
- What are the markets in London
- Why is Yahoo powered by Bing
- Will Orthodox Jews go to heaven?
- What is the Ciprofloxacin HCl Market
- What does true basin mean
- What are the reproductive organs of animals