Who needs to learn econometrics
Statistical programming languages
(Bachelor, 3rd or 5th semester)
Goal of the course
Editing the real data sets without a computer is not possible. It is necessary to use statistical programs to perform thorough, high quality analysis quickly. The following topics are offered in this course:
- get to know the programming language R,
- to learn modern powerful packages,
- apply the methods of statistics I and II to real data,
- correct interpretation and attractive presentation of the results.
- The lectures take place in the week 12-16. October 2020 in 2-4. DS takes place as a block course. Lectures and exercises are mixed.
- In order to receive the credit points, the participants must successfully pass a written openbook exam (120 minutes).
- The computers in the FAL / 002 are available during the lectures. All participants can also use their own laptop with installed R software (open source) (note the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE). Please note that the sockets in the FAL / 002 must not be used for safety reasons.
- The course language is German.
- Current information as well as the documents for the course can be found in OPAL, initially without a password. Please register. Thepasswordyou will receive on the first day and then the OPAL page will be password protected.
(Changes are possible)
- The basics of R: first simple programs, first graphs;
- Methods from Statistics 1 and 2: descriptive statistics, probability theory, decision theory, linear regression;
- Numerical Techniques: integration, defferentiation, optimization;
- Modern visualization tools: rpanel, ggplot;
- Other modern powerful packages.
- Härdle, W., Okhrin, O., Okhrin, Y., 2017.Basic Elements of Computational Statistics, Springer Verlag.
- Wickham, H. and Grolemund, G., 2016. R for Data Science: Import, Tidy, Transform, Visualize, and Model Data, O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Spector, P., 2008.Data manipulation with R, Series Use R !, Springer Verlag.
- Cowpertwait, P., Metcalfe, A., 2009.Introductory Time Series with R, Series Use R !, Springer Verlag.
- Dalgaard, P., 2002.Introductory Statistics with R, Springer Verlag.
- Silge, J., Robinson, D. 2017.Text Mining with R: A Tidy Approach, O'Reilly
- Who are American Airlines partners
- Can we play PUBG on Realme U1
- There is a risk of wearing ear plugs regularly
- Can we place data centers on the moon
- Why are aspies socially awkward
- Why mostly government offices are corrupted
- How to make a fresh coffee
- What is the value of chlorine
- What countries have royal people
- Where do hospitals advertise
- What are the origins of celestial navigation
- Why is the MCI Entitlement Certificate required
- What color are most of the horses
- Who is the best food photographer alive
- Where is sericulture practiced
- What are the qualifications for designers
- Lives sinfully unmarried
- What is the answer of 36 6 2 + 2 + 2
- Were Buddhists persecuted by Brahmins?
- Do you know Karl Pilkington
- How do I write a concept note
- What are the most commonly used agile practices
- How will climate change affect Los Angeles?
- Who pioneered the new wave genre
- How do wireless speakers make sound?
- Is the Illuminati a conspiracy
- Why do you merge my question
- Who killed Kumbhakaran in Ramayana
- Which scientific test should I take?
- Why is Lord Shiva called Vedakarta
- What is today's law in electrochemistry
- What does TSeries
- Should Telangana get a separate status
- Additional software is required for scanning