Where are riverside roads in the world?
Closure over: Cars are driving again on Frankfurter Mainkai
Frankfurt / Main (dpa / lhe) - Car traffic is rolling again on the Frankfurt Mainkai. After a year, the blockage of the one-kilometer route was lifted on Tuesday. The climate protection movement “Fridays for Future” had previously protested against the reopening of the section between Untermainkai and Alter Brücke.
According to the police, more than 200 participants had moved from the Alte Oper to the Römer. “Verkehrswende now” and “Mainkai für Alle” were on their posters. Afterwards, some activists had settled down on the Mainkai to temporarily block their seats. "It was all peaceful," said a police spokesman.
The city's "traffic attempt" ended in August. There is no political majority to continue it. The coalition in Frankfurt's Römer does not agree: the SPD and the Greens want to continue the attempt, the co-ruling CDU is against it.
"What a backward-looking policy of the coalition," criticized the transport policy spokesman for the left parliamentary group in the Römer, Martin Kliehm. The majority of the citizens are in favor of “that the Mainkai belongs to pedestrians and cyclists in the long run and gains in quality of stay”. The Mainkai is the starting signal for a car-free city center and a traffic turnaround in general, according to Kliehm.
According to a representative survey in December, in which 1000 Frankfurt residents took part, 57 percent thought it was good that the banks of the Main were car-free, 21 percent wanted cars to be allowed to drive there again, the rest didn't care.
The “Making Frankfurt” initiative, together with an alliance of groups and companies, addressed the political leaders with an open letter on Monday. "We noticed: This place is called too far more than for the passage," they wrote in it. They demanded that the northern bank should be closed to car traffic for at least two years and that the pure traffic experiment be turned into an urban space experiment - with a real quality of stay and an ideas competition for the use of the area.
- Shifting the blame is the secret to success
- Paganism is part of the Hindu religion
- What is the allure of haikus
- What is the minimum bid for AdWords
- What is Candid Photography 2
- What are the basic requirements for the gym
- Is it safe to join telegram groups
- Counting professional diplomas in immigration
- What are the strangest misunderstandings about Uganda
- How can CRM benefit my company
- Is Wagyu beef really worth your money
- Where do Indians lie in genetics
- How much do lessons in Pepperdine cost
- Which organelle forms the enzymes of the lysosomes
- How can we contact Supercell
- What are intertidal zones
- How to pronounce abstergo in Japanese
- Can the AI find mathematical evidence
- What is customer relationship
- What is the history of Monaco
- Who do Americans bribe
- Have you ever gone ice fishing?
- How windy is Chicago
- What is sunlight used for?
- What is a power shopper
- Hanon exercises are useless
- The following sentences are interchangeable
- What is cold and inconsiderate
- What is a Disclosure Statement
- What is the name of a group of daemons
- There is money in reskinning apps
- Why does Russian sound like Sanskrit
- How can study and homework be interesting