Why are my daughters' grades falling
You are rated always and everywhere: at school, at work, in sports, in your free time. It is always about meeting expectations, providing services and satisfying the demands made. Praise for an achievement spurs on, criticism blocks or paralyzes. So it is not surprising that the handling of sheet music is repeatedly discussed controversially. Grades are a yardstick and should express whether a child has understood the tasks. The personality of the child is less evident in this type of assessment. Does he have empathy, does he have skills in dealing with others? How meaningful is it when knowledge is reduced to a number?
Notes and their effect
Many children are distressed when they get a bad grade. Sometimes the fear of the parents' reaction also plays a role. It is not uncommon for parents to be overwhelmed and not know how to behave when their daughter or son brings home a bad exam. Is it better to put some pressure on and thereby encourage the child? Or do you achieve exactly the opposite with pressure, namely resignation?
It is also frustrating when a lot has been learned in advance and the result is still devastating. There are children, no matter how hard they try, the grades are and remain bad. Other children, however, show little commitment and achieve good results. So far, there is no alternative and children and parents have no choice but to come to terms with the current assessment practice. By focusing on competencies, individual support should be weighted more heavily with curriculum 21.
Seek the conversation
The Pro Juventute emergency number for young people “Advice + Help 147” also revolves around exams, grades and the desire to improve at school. Often children and adolescents already feel exhausted. It is difficult for them to withstand the pressure to perform and to switch off. An alarming sign. Parents can take countermeasures so that feelings such as: "It doesn't make any sense" do not spread in the first place.
There is no place for accusations of bad grades. The child should not feel like a failure and believe that it has let the parents down. It already suffers from the situation. Concerned parents shouldn't suddenly start controlling everything either. Increased parental control makes homework an unnecessary stressor. It is better to accompany the child in the learning process and to help the son and daughter learn to work independently. When effort and commitment are praised, parents make it clear why learning makes sense.
Finding solutions together
It is important to find out why the learning is not successful. Good cooperation between school and home often works wonders. In mutual exchange, children, parents and teachers can better sound out what may be the reason that the grades hardly meet expectations. Perhaps it is over- or under-challenged or a lack of interest to blame. Effective learning strategies are often missing or there is no longer a clear separation between learning phases and free time. Only those who really relax in between are ready to absorb new content.
- Why did you start investing?
- Language Learning Can Prevent Alzheimer's Disease
- Is Sublime Text worth the cost
- What are WiFi proxy setups for cell phones
- What is existential philosophy
- You can back down to $ 1 million
- Where does the word hustle and bustle come from?
- What is astrophysics
- What's so great about BTS
- Is Russia good to travel to in February
- Was the cure of the black death
- Is category theory part of constructive mathematics
- Repairs Meijer tires
- What level of English do you have
- What are the unwritten rules of squash
- What is the gateway fee
- How do ads affect people?
- Is biomass harmful to humans
- What do Italians think of Filipinos
- All intellectuals are insatiable readers
- Certain spices can destroy intestinal bacteria
- Where is the Estonian embassy in Nigeria
- What is 7 10 in fraction form
- What makes you want to improve
- What is the parcel return service 56901
- Why is the steam rising
- How do you say scary in Dutch?
- How do you see life and people
- How was McDonalds successful in China
- Earn with your Android apps
- Instagram is still a viable influencer platform
- The Kazakh and Russian cuisine is similar
- How is a private website created
- How can someone gain strong connections