How would you become a master strategist
Has data been programmed with the ability to be a master strategist?
Has Data called Q's ultimate AI achievement, proving the ability of a world-class strategist with an ultimate storage capacity of 800 trillion bits and an overall linear speed of 60 trillion operations per second?
For example; In "Peak Performance" TNG 2x21 Data beats a 3rd level Strategema Grandmaster in a race that is feared for his innate strategic minds, and in "The Hunted" TNG 3x11 he beats the genetically improved Angosian super soldier Roga Danar. These are just two of the many examples of his superior strategic skills.
An example of Data's military strategy programming: From "The Hunted:
There are examples of data making bad tactical decisions too.
In the episode cause and effect Data's proposal leads to the destruction of the Enterprise-D - not just once, but several times for 17 days. Only when the time loop has reached a sufficiently high "feedback level" and the crew can start sending messages in the past (via data) does he recognize that Riker had the superior tactic.
Data beat the strategema player not strictly. he loses once and then plays it to a stalemate. While the loss can be viewed as an admission of defeat or an implicit loss, it is “technical”.
During the opening scene of Conundrum apparently beat Troi Data at least once in three-dimensional chess.
Data appreciated Captain Picard's strategy, the noose in the episode Booby trap escape, not until the slingshot effect had already been applied.
Although data has a good meaning, it shows in the episode In theory an inability to strategize emotionally.
Data cannot replicate its own design, as in See The Offspring . Nor could he accurately predict or explain the cascade failure in Lal's positive brain.
Consultant. Troi. Beat. Data. At the. Chess.
These and other examples show that data is not infallible in its ability to predict and / or strategize. While some of these are not as "strategic" as we would imagine strategizing a battle plan or risk game, they point to the gap in Data's reasoning where emotions and intuition often come into play.
- Why Do Some People Abuse Prescription Pills
- Where is the audio icon stored on Mac
- What is the minimum bid for AdWords
- Is Cotija cheese pasteurized
- We communicate less and less
- How important is trust in a relationship
- How can I sponsor my flight training?
- How can I remove a pimple quickly
- Markiplier is single
- Antibiotics are steroids
- What was the glory of God like?
- How to make a cardboard ship
- Hitchhiking is permitted in the USA
- Can sound waves generate electricity or fire
- What are sleeping habits
- What is the most successful song by The Charlatans
- Why does my head hurt after exercise
- Why does the NFL have reserve umpires
- What are the nicest vegetables
- What is polio and its causes
- Pneumonia vaccine is free in Canada
- What is Tableau Data Engine
- Abraham Lincoln was a Republican
- How do I make charcoal