Is intuition a sophisticated form of knowledge
decision makingWhen making decisions, rely on experience and gut instinct
Decisions based on gut feeling usually follow the following pattern.
- The decision-maker has a simple rule ready for different decision-making situations, which he - consciously or unconsciously - applies: For example: "When buying a coffee machine, I choose the best-known supplier."
- If this rule provides a clear preference, then this already leads to a decision.
- That doesn't always work. Then a second rule is needed, which the decision maker applies in such situations. If several providers are known the same, then a rule like this can be applied: "I buy from the second cheapest provider because the cheapest offer usually has a catch."
A lot of such simple rules or heuristics have proven themselves and make a good decision. This is especially true for recurring decision-making questions. The prerequisite is therefore: In the past, the decision-maker was able to test in similar decision-making situations whether his rules are valid and deliver good results. He saved that as an experience.
In other decisions, for which there is no empirical data, gut feelings should be given less consideration. For example, when it comes to buying another company. The precise, rational examination of the company is of course important here. Because gut feelings can be deceptive.
The combination of rational and intuitive methods is therefore helpful. The results should be compared with one another in order to uncover contradictions or ambiguities. If the gut feeling and the result of the "objective decision-making techniques" do not match, the decision should be checked and reconsidered.
- How do they travel to earth
- Are high carbohydrate diets linked to depression
- How long should combat boots last
- Why do we want to be brave
- What is happiness in Arabic
- Ascending child, what is the best advice
- When will India send people to Venus?
- Are gay men or women
- Why did a language never become universal
- Kristoff is a Disney prince
- John the Taeufer had female disciples
- Are podcasts protected by copyright
- Do Opiates Work For Depression
- What is plasma and Bose Einstein condensate
- What is a rational person
- What is philosophical realism
- How do you get better
- Are there IPv8 after IPv6 and IPv4
- How do I stop having food poison
- Read Meghan Markle's Instagram comments
- What is considered to be the San Francisco Bay Area
- Are cheetos halal
- What is Ligma Disease 1
- How is the night life in Plymouth, MN