What is PEP Glycolysis
A glucose molecule is split into two pyruvates (pyruvic acid) in ten steps:
1. Phosphorylation: The glucose molecule has an additional phosphate group attached (costs 1 ATP). The result is glucose-6-phosphate.
2. Isomerization: The enzyme phosphohexose isomerase converts the glucose-6-phosphate to fructose-6-phosphate (no ATP consumption!).
3. Phosphorylation 2: The enzyme phosphofructokinase phosphorylates fructose-6-phosphate to fructose-1,6-bisphosphate while consuming ATP (costs 1 ATP).
4. Splitting: The enzyme aldolase splits fructose-1,6-bisphosphate into dihydroxyacetone phosphate (DHAP) and glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate (GAP).
5. DHAP conversion: Another enzyme converts DHAP to GAP, which means that two identical glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate (GAP) are now available. From now on, all reactions run twice.
6. CAP conversion: The enzyme glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH) catalyzes the conversion of GAP to 1,3-bisphosphoglycerate (1,3BPG). At the same time, there is a reduction in NAD + to NADH.
7. ATP win: The 1,3-bisphosphoglycerate is now converted to 3-phosphoglycerate by the enzyme phosphoglycerate kinase (PGK). The enzyme causes the phosphate group to be transferred to ADP, creating an ATP. Since the reaction takes place on two molecules, there are also 2 ATP).
8. Rearrangement: The enzyme phosphoglycerate mutase (PGM) converts 3-phosphoglycerate to 2-phosphoglycerate.
9. Creation of PEP: 2-phosphoglycerate is converted to phosphoenolpyruvate (PEP) by the enzyme enolase.
10. ATP win: The enzyme pyruvate kinase catalyzes the final reaction of PEP to pyruvate. The phosphate group is transferred from the enzyme to ADP, which again creates ATP (another 2 ATP).
- Where is the Docklands area in London
- What do conservatives think of Dick Cheney?
- What's your favorite in the bathroom
- How can I get an incoming campaign
- What are efficient business areas
- How old is Emmanuel Macron's wife
- Could dms Kakashi beat the adult Sasuke
- An apartment is a good investment
- Mugabe was good for his country
- How many syllables are in the parents
- Why are my daughters' grades falling
- What inspired you to move to Alaska
- What do you like about the last few decades
- What is the history of Monaco
- Stephen Wolfram is extremely intelligent
- How does Iwo Jima look today
- How dangerous is Costa Rica for tourists
- What are really fluffy cats
- A facelift is dangerous
- Why is Michelob so loved
- Housing Where should I live in Vikhroli
- How does a Docker commit work
- How good is a bad artist
- Is the movie The Godfather sexist