You can use corn starch in the cool
Reduced calories: potatoes from the day before
Get slim with pasta, potatoes and rice from the day before? That might work, or at least these foods from the day before can help you lose weight in the long run. Because when cooked potatoes, pasta or rice cool down, some of the starch they contain becomes indigestible - and consequently does not provide any calories. This also applies to other starchy foods, for example cereals or legumes.
Potatoes from the previous day contain around ten percent less digestible starch than freshly cooked ones. Even if you reheat them after they have cooled down - for example, make fried potatoes out of them.
The reason: some of the starch crystallizes out through the displacement of molecules. As a result, it cannot be broken down by the enzymes in the digestive tract. The indigestible starch - a form of so-called "resistant starch" - passes through the small intestine without it being able to use it. So it becomes a kind of fiber.
Delicacies for the intestines
Once in the colon, the indigestible starch makes itself really useful again. Because while it is broken down in the large intestine, among other things, the fatty acid butyrate, a compound of butyric acid, is produced. It is the main source of energy for the cells in the lining of the large intestine. Sufficient amounts of butyrate prevent inflammation and promote a healthy intestinal flora. In addition, the butyrate is supposed to level blood sugar peaks and thus have a regulating effect on blood sugar.
Dietary fiber makes you feel full
Like other fiber, the resistant starch keeps you full longer. This also helps with weight loss. You still need discipline and patience if you want to get leaner this way. Because the calorie content of the potato and pasta from the previous day, which has been reduced by cooling, is quickly more than compensated for if you process them the next day with a lot of oil, cheese or bacon into fried potatoes or pasta bake. But that doesn't have to be the case. Potato or pasta salad with yoghurt dressing or vinegar-oil marinade and fresh vegetables are a good alternative. Simply add them to the menu regularly and feast with a clear conscience.
Keep cooked food in a cool place
It can take up to 12 hours for the starch to crystallize. So that the food does not spoil overnight or undesirable bacteria settle on it, please keep it in the refrigerator after it has cooled down for a short time.
- What is Gene Vincent's most successful song
- How can we interview people in MUN
- What are the safest foods to eat
- Is late acathisia permanent
- What great psychological tools do you know
- Why isn't Edward Snowden imprisoned
- What is your makeup item for the Holy Grail
- How can we use roadside assistance
- What are notable startups in Pune
- Do we need CA for the GST registration
- What does the 11th amendment say?
- How difficult is it to change yourself
- Can someone access my Mac remotely?
- Why is Tictoc so famous in Indonesia
- How does spinning help stabilize a ball?
- How does Iwo Jima look today
- What does anudit
- Can I lose 2 kg in 3 days
- What is your opinion on the Bible
- What causes elevator phobia
- What are some examples of tautomers
- What are examples of Indian hard work
- What is the largest recorded lightning strike
- Why does fuel have to be saved?