What is sticky rice
Ingredient: sticky rice
|100 g contain:|
|Calorific value:||1481 kj / 349 kcal|
|Dietary fiber:||not specified|
|Recipes that refer to this ingredient.|
Sticky rice (English Sticky Rice) is a type of rice with a particularly high starch content, which causes the rice grains to stick together during cooking. The raw grains are dull white and opaque. Glutinous rice is gluten-free and suitable for people with celiac disease. In English-language packaging, misunderstandings can be caused by the addition glutinous arise, but that only means sticky.
Glutinous rice originally comes from Thailand, but is now grown and eaten in most East and Southeast Asian countries. Sticky rice is still the staple food in northern Thailand and Laos. The use is extremely versatile and adapted to the respective regional cuisine. Glutinous rice can be eaten cold or warm, sweet or savory. The cooked rice is formed into balls and dipped in sauce, or it is processed into dumplings with savory or sweet fillings, or it is eaten as a porridge dish. Mashed sticky rice is used as the basis for rice cakes, cold sticky rice is fried with various ingredients.
No sticky rice is used for sushi, but a type of short grain rice (Oryza sativa ssp.japonica), which also has good sticking properties, but less pronounced than sticky rice.
Glutinous rice is not boiled, but steamed, preferably in a traditional bamboo basket. The rice is washed thoroughly and left to soak in cold water for at least 2 hours, better 3 or more hours or overnight. For steaming, the bamboo basket with the rice is placed on a saucepan with boiling water and the rice is left to cook in the steam for 20-30 minutes. It can also be prepared in a European pressure cooker, but this requires more sensitivity when it comes to temperature and cooking time.
See also 
- How does additional melatonin affect sleep architecture?
- Are you your cat's favorite person
- All dogs need space to run
- What is black box test in itself
- When does a bouncing ball stop jumping?
- What are the sects of Buddhism
- How does North Korea block the internet
- Seriously mentally ill men are irreplaceable
- Why do Americans accuse Pakistanis as terrorists?
- How do you animate photos for Instagram
- What about a compromise between China and India
- What is the definition of inhalation
- What is forward bias
- Why doesn't my girlfriend clean
- How does each of the agents work
- What are the safest foods to eat
- What is SAPS 2
- Why don't children get acne
- What Are Some Amazing Designer Online Communities
- What is the function of the pancreas
- Who is faster between Sasuke and Naruto
- How do we know who really cares
- What are Jack Welch's leadership qualities
- How many giant pandas are there in China?
- How does nail polish actually work
- What's in your college bag
- What does NBC stand for
- What is the process of color printing
- How are conductors and insulators used differently?
- What does mass mean for fitness
- What is the best agile online training
- Wrogn is overpriced
- What makes people curious