Where is thermodynamics used?
to directory mode
The third law of thermodynamics
The measurements of chemical reactions between pure, crystallized solids showed that the change in entropy tends towards zero when approaching absolute zero:
|-||Entropy of reaction|
The equation is called Nernst's heat theorem, whereby originally the heat capacities of the reaction participants were actually measured.
The reaction entropies of the reaction participants can also be inserted into Nernst's heat theorem:
|-||stoichiometric coefficients of the starting and end materials|
|-||molar entropies of the starting and end materials|
This means that either the molar entropies of the reactants disappear as they approach absolute zero or they all have the same entropy value.
A formulation of the third law of thermodynamics relates to Nernst's heat theorem:
- The value zero can be set for the entropy of all chemical substances that are regarded as ideally crystallized substances at absolute zero. Every chemical substance then has a certain positive entropy.
Another formulation of the third law of thermodynamics is:
- The third law states that there is no process with which it is possible to reach absolute zero in an infinite number of steps.
Since there is no ideally crystallized solid, the absolute zero point cannot be reached either.
At absolute zero there may only be one implementation option (micro-state):
The entropy is then zero.
This knowledge is applied at
- Is there gravity in an airplane
- What is grown in Alaska
- Is Israel manipulating US domestic politics
- How can I use the Sharechat app
- Why are peroxisomes important in animals
- What causes wet burls
- What are n type materials
- How do I start Crystal Shops online
- What is the temperament of the Andalusian horses
- How does the comparison ruin your peace of mind
- What is the framework for military medals
- What anime characters are INFPs
- Does Alaska have any poisonous creatures
- What makes Morgoth a good villain
- Optimism is a depressing thing
- Why are some educated people religious
- What is EMF 1
- Why do we think candlelight is romantic?
- Is Uber in Indonesia
- Which search engine does Richard Stallman use
- Why doesn't Apple make OLED screens itself?
- Concerta can cause fatigue
- What are revenue multipliers for technology startups
- Is a king-size bed too big